Westport Fuel Systems is committed to the protection of the environment and the prevention of pollution and strives to be an industry leader in mitigating the environmental impacts of fuel system research, development, testing and assembly.
The following Environmental Policy Statement outlines our operational standards:
Westport Fuel Systems will:
- work to ensure that its operations comply with all applicable environmental legislation, industry codes, and standards
- work to collaborate with partners and industry stakeholders in the protection of the environment, the conservation of resources, and the implementation of pollution mitigating practices
- continue to research, design, and develop alternative fuel engine technologies that preserve environmental health and safeguard employees, customers and the general public from injuries or health hazards
- determine, evaluate, and strive to mitigate the environmental impacts of our existing operations and will work to conduct a thorough environmental assessment and risk analysis prior to the implementation of new projects
- set internally established standards to utilize energy and other resources efficiently in its operations
- strive to be an environmentally responsible neighbour in the communities where we operate and to act promptly and responsibly to correct incidents or conditions that endanger health, safety or the environment
- work to fully investigate all environmental incidents or unplanned releases and to communicate findings as necessary to all affected parties
- make sure on-site contractors and others acting on behalf of Westport Fuel Systems abide by the same environmental code of conduct
- strive to evaluate its environmental performance through regular auditing and assessment of its regulatory compliance and adherence to this policy. We will strive to communicate the appropriate information to our stakeholders including our Board, employees, shareholders, governmental agencies and the general public
- strive to continuously improve our environmental management system and measure the environmental impacts of our operations
- implement this policy through a comprehensive plan with measurable goals/targets and a rigorous analysis of performance
- work to provide a candid discussion of our environmental achievements and challenges in its annual sustainability report published on its website. A global sustainability report covering key environmental metrics for all of our worldwide locations will be published in Q1 2019
Our commitment to corporate responsibility is evident not only in the development of our products and technologies, but also in our ongoing efforts to enhance the social benefits derived from our business activities and minimize the environmental footprint of our operations. Every year, we review our operations, assess our environmental footprint and set targets for improvement.